Introduction

Lisa's Blog continues... Following the success of Lisa's previous blogs, she has agreed to carry on blogging. You can access all of the previous blog entries through the archive on the right, these cover the 2006 Commonwealth Games, World Cup Qualifying Tournament and the World Cup itself.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

A Day to Remember

Commonwealth Games - Broze medal winning England teamFirstly, A Big Thank you everyone for all those positive vibes we could feel them zooming across the world to us here down under in their thousands.

Secondly, YIIIIPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! We are all over the moon. What a game, what a finish and what a feeling. I hope we didn't cause you all too many nail biting moments sat in your armchairs.

Commonwealth Games - InterviewI guess many of you want to ask about my stroke that I took - Sorry guys! Those who know me were probably already second guessing the corner I was to aim for, and I didn't change my mind, same old! I felt really confident as always stepping up to take the stroke. Danny asked the five of us if we wanted them, we all obviously jumped at the chance, he named his order so up I stepped. Kate won the toss and I said confidently to take first if we got the opportunity. So up I step, I recall a long walk from the half way line, took the ball from the umpire put it in place, stepped back looked at the goal, got into my ready position, the next thing the umpire asks if we are both read I reply with a confident yes, then as normal took to dummy the right and then caught the ball with too much stick which powers the ball past the post - oh dear! floods of emotions rushed through me, absolutely gutted, so confident, practised a thousand times, just one wrong movement - I think I wanted to put it in with too much power, lost the thought process for a second and chance was blown. GUTTED doesn't quite encapsulate how I was feeling. On jogging back to team mates they were really good, gave me a hug and told me not to worry Reidy was in goal and on fire - I didn't weirdly. I just knew, we all did. It was to be our day, those positive thoughts were riffling round and Reidy our hero pulled it out the bag - two saves. Awesome! What a feeling from then on - it couldn't have been more overwhelming. From gutted to elated within minutes.


Commonwealth Games - Lisa Wooding with MedalCelebrating in style we then had to calm down and finish our warm down professionally with our normal ten minutes in the ice bath, which I have to say were exceptionally cold today! then was out to see Mum and Dad and then prepare for medal ceremony. And that too was a great moment, standing on podium with medal in hand, lets just hope we can emulate that in 2008 Bejing!


Commonwealth Games - Chloe Rogers with MedalNow its a little relaxation then out to party with the team, friends and family. Soak up some Melbourne sun and have a nice rest day off tomorrow. Lets hope the men win Bronze tomorrow too then it will be an even better closing ceremony tomorrow night.

I can't wait to be home now - and don't forget - 2nd April @ Reading Chelm v Hightown in the cup. (Have I plugged it enough yet!)

Love to all

No comments: